SAFETY & COMFORT BENEFITS:
- Protection against infective agents (EN 14126) including resistance to penetration by blood and body fluids using synthetic blood (ISO 16603) and resistance to penetration by blood-borne pathogens using Phi-X174 bacteriophage (ISO 16604)
- EN 1073-2 (protection against radioactive contamination)
- Fabric and seams offer chemical permeation barrier to low concentration water-based inorganic chemicals
- Serged and over-taped seams for protection and strength
- Self-adhesive chin flap for tight seal of suit to the mask
- Elastic face, wrists and ankles as well as glued-in waist elastic
- Elastic thumb loops keep sleeves in place
*Serged and bound seams are degraded by some hazardous liquid chemicals, such as strong acids, and should not be worn when these chemicals are present.
Tyvek® 800 contains natural rubber latex which may cause allergic reactions in some sensitized individuals. Anyone who begins to exhibit an allergic response during the use of DuPont products should immediately cease using these products. The incident should also be reported to DuPont at 1-800-441-3637 so that an investigation can be initiated.
**Garments made using Tyvek® 400, Tyvek® 500, Tyvek® 600 and Tyvek® 800 fabrics will burn and possibly melt. None of these garments should be worn near heat, open flames, sparks or any other possible ignition source nor should they be worn in potentially explosive or flammable environments. If these garments do burn or melt while being worn, it may increase the severity of burn injuries even when worn over garments which are flame resistant, including, but not limited to, Nomex® IIIA or Nomex® Comfort garments.